Describe it!

Please take some time to read some of our incredible narrative setting descriptions from Michael Morpurgo's Toro Toro. Can you guess who the main character is and where they are?

Julie

As I walked through the ancient  archway, the sound of cheering echoed across the palace of entertainment. Shuffling through the rowdy crowds to get a seat, I could barely see, but I knew that  there was something starting. Suddenly trumpets began to blare.
And then it had began...

Then I saw him. He is. He is my Uncle Juan. Wonders from the crowds calling his name “JUAN!! JUAN!!”. They were also calling other names behind him picadors and other man had amazing names but Uncle Juans name was the best. All the men were lifting up  their hands proudley.

When I  knew there was silence all around the air. Wooden gates started to open and there was the bull it was shining in the sun walking like a king proud and amazing but then uncle juan lifted up a sword and  it was a nightmare I remember the sad death of the bull. Then Uncle Juan said in a big voice “TORO TORO” and the bull charged at Uncle Juan.

There came the first sword on the side of the bull. I was starting to get nervous I was looking at my sister with open eyes, but she did not look at me. Then came the second stab from the sword, blood started to pour down the bulls neck  and then came the third stab. “LET ME OUT!” I shouted, I bury my head into Marias shoulder. The bull suddenly fell, did I just see that did I it was a terrifying nightmare. What if that happens to paco I do not know what will happen next.  

Ishaan

As I Entered the vast arena, I was amazed by just how loud and large it was. There was a huge crowd. I had never seen so many people. That was a memory that would never leave my head. I was so excited I felt  like I was going to explode with amazement and joy. It was so beautiful under the mountain range of the Sierra Nevada. Exhilarated, I rushed through the crowd to get the front row seats. The stadium was like a cauldron of noise. I felt so small. The seats were dirty and the crowd was eating peanuts and cheering and clapping, then the clapping died down. The first trumpet began, Maria my sister then held my hand tight….


A beautiful figure stepped out into the arena. It was unimaginable but I could recognize who was standing in the middle of the corrida.It was my uncle juan. As Uncle Juan entered the vast, crowded Corrida, there was a huge eruption of applause louder than a thunder clap. I cheered with the crowd. Mariah was looking anxious I asked her but she didn't reply. Then the second trumpet began to blare I think I knew what was going to happen because of my experience in sosada.

Then The black figure it was massive it was a big black bull.It came out of a brown wooden gate.The bull trotted proudly. Then uncle juan came out of the shadow and shouted toro toro! The bull raced towards the crimson cape the bull would get its horn stuck in the cape and every time the bull would miss the crowd was shout aolae. I was enjoying myself but Maria was it was a great game.The bull and uncle juan were great players the bull would charge really quickly and my uncle could doge it with pride Maria held my hand so hard that it felt like it was going to fall off then the third trumpet blared I knew what was going to happen…

Horses came out with well I don’t know what they were.They had spears i didn't  know why.The bull charged at the cape the bull did it 20 times and then every time after the 20 times the men would throw spears at the bull. I could feel the pain and agonising feeling the bull was. Then suddenly I Was buried under Marias shoulder I was shocked about how much pain the bull was feeling. Why would anybody do such a thing?! I wondered what would happen next.

Aki

As I walked through the stone archway, I heard the cheering and chanting of the crowd and it was a deafening sound I would never forget. Entering the colossal bullring was like a spectacle of magic. As we shuffled our way through the crowd, we made our way to ourseats.

Then came the first trumpet and he came into the ring. Could it be? It was. I knew it was him.  It was Uncle Juan in his embroidered, majestic costume. The crowd was cheering as Uncle Juan and all the other banderilleros and picadors caught flowers and clapped around the stadium. They saluted to us like soldiers in war and at that moment I felt very proud.

Then came the second trumpet. Suddenly, there was silence. It was strange. Very strange. As the wooden door opened, I understood what would happen next, and a large bull came trotting into the ring.It was a glittering, giant of a creature shining in the sun. It looked like a proud king just like  Paco leading the group at the farm. It was like a villain but treated as a hero. Pounding, the rhythm of my heart matched the applauding from the crowd around me.


Then came the third trumpet. I could feel Maria hand squeeze mine.The dancing had started.

Mira


Walking into the enormous stadium, my shoes clattered on the cold, stone path. My family and I shuffled through the loud,chanting crowd to get a seat. Seated so far back, Maria squeezed my hand tighter than before. Suddenly, trumpets began to blare. I felt excited. It had begun…

Then I saw him. Tall and magnificent, a figure came stepping  into the colossal ring, wearing a
beautifully embroidered costume. Was it him? Yes! It was! It was my Uncle Juan, being followed by so many people. At once, the whole stadium erupted with applauses and shouted my uncle’s name while he raised his hand and saluted. At that moment, I felt so proud. Uncle Juan lifted his majestic hat to us.

Suddenly, the noise was gone and it was all silence. Something had to be happening with the crowd… Then I noticed. The long, wooden gate slowly opened. As mighty as a king the bull, just like Paco entered the arena. All around the huge ring, a huge cauldron of claps and noise swept over me. Glittering, the bull looked beautiful in the sunshine.


Then, the bullfight begun. It wasn’t Uncle Juan, though he was watching from the side. At first it was a normal dance, like Maria said, and I clapped and cheered like the rest of the crowd. It was fantastic! When the danced finished, another trumpet blared. It was a nightmare I had. Uncle Juan stepped into the corrida and it began. Below me, the noble bull charged at the teasing matador, the matador which was my uncle. I was terrified and always thinking of when the bull will get killed. Then, I saw. I saw the sword Uncle Juan raised and it shimmered like a diamond. I rested my head on Maria’s head and begged her to take me out.




Comments